Site Event/Activity record ECC109 - Excavation on East Stockwell Street, Colchester, 1964
|Location||East Stockwell Street, Colchester|
|Grid reference||Centred TL 99667 25301 (9m by 11m)|
|Non Parish Area||COLCHESTER, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Colchester Excavation Committee
- <1> SCC51 Article in serial: Hebditch, Max. 1971. Excavations on the south side of the temple precinct at Colchester.. Transactions of the Essex Archaeological Society Vol. 3, 115-130. pp.38-42.
- <2> SCC192 Article in serial: Benfield, Stephen and Garrod, Simon. 1992. Two recently-discovered Roman buildings in Colchester. Essex Archaeology and History Vol. 23, 25-38. p.26, for location plan.
- <3> SCC61 DESC TEXT: Dunnett, B. Rosalind. K.. 1971. Inventory of Roman Colchester (unpublished MA thesis).
Related Monuments/Buildings (6)
- MCC95 Medieval pits, East Stockwell Street, Colchester (Element Group)
- MCC110 Post-medieval drain, East Stockwell Street, Colchester (Element)
- MCC80 Roman building in Insula 20, East Stockwell Street, Colchester (Monument)
- MCC78 Roman street, between Insula 20 and 12, Colchester (Monument)
- MCC79 Roman turf bank, East Stockwell Street, Colchester (Element)
- MCC77 Roman wall, East Stockwell Street, Colchester (Element)
Record last edited
Oct 20 2016 9:30AM