Monument record MCC7331 - St Andrews church, Abberton
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9974 1936 (23m by 62m) (FCE)|
|Civil Parish||ABBERTON, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (2)
C14 church, chancel of early C19 on C14 foundations. The porch is C18. Restored 1841, when a W. gallery was erected, and in 1865, when it was removed.<1>-<4> C18 headstones in the churchyard displaying skull and crossbones.<1><2>
Site Assessment = See MCC7330.
Three digital photographs of Church of St Andrew, Abberton, taken July 2016.<5>
- <1> SEX4 DESC TEXT: unknown. 1960 0nwards. SMR form unknown.
- <2> SCC69 Monograph: Rodwell, Warwick J with Rodwell, KA. 1977. Historic Churches: a wasting asset. p.94.
- <3> SEX7400 DESC TEXT: Department of the Environment. 1982. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Colchester Rural. p.1.
- <4> SEX76 DESC TEXT: RCHME. 1922. An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex - Volume 3. Vol 3, p.1.
- <5> SCC72972 Photograph: Tipper, J.. 2016. Photographs of Church of St Andrew, Abberton. Digital.
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 20 2016 9:28AM