Monument record MCC7183 - Church of St Andrew, Wormingford
|Grid reference||Centred TL 932 322 (30m by 52m) (FCE)|
|Civil Parish||WORMINGFORD, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
Church was restored in 1869-70, by Chancellor, when the N. vestry and the organ chamber were added, nave roof, and the C15 S. porch was rebuilt. Post-medieval features include: C17 brick parapet with battlements and crocketed pinnacles; two bells of 1591; early C17 brass in tower; floor slab in tower, 1710; plate including Elizabethan cup.<1><2><3>
Six digital photographs of Church of St Andrew, Wormingford, taken August 2016.<4>
- <1> SEX76 DESC TEXT: RCHME. 1922. An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex - Volume 3. Vol 3, pp.235-236.
- <2> SCC72929 Monograph: Bettley, James and Pevsner, Nikolaus. 2007. The buildings of England: Essex. p.857.
- <3> SEX7400 DESC TEXT: Department of the Environment. 1982. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Colchester Rural. p.377.
- <4> SCC72963 Photograph: Tipper, J.. 2016. Photographs of Church of St Andrew, Wormingford. Digital.
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 15 2016 3:31PM