Monument record MCC9208 - 1 London Road (Formerly Butcher's Farm), Marks Tey

Summary

Historic Farmstead shown on the County Series at 1:2500 Scale Epoch 1 Map (1874-1887). Formerly known as Butcher's Farm.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 9231 2383 (20m by 43m)
Map sheet TL92SW
County ESSEX
Civil Parish MARKS TEY, COLCHESTER, ESSEX

Map

Type and Period (0)

Full Description

Butcher's Farm is a historic farmstead located on the eastern edge of the settlement of Marks Tey. It is first shown on the 1874-1887 Epoch 1 map, labelled as Butcher's Farm. The farm was a small detached site, made up of two buildings which were a farmhouse and a barn. Only one building remains, which is believed to be the farmhouse. The other building was demolished between 1904 and 1922. The site was changed to residential at some point, along with the name change from Butcher's Farm to 1 London Road. There was a farm pond shown on the Epoch 1 map, however this was removed around the same time as the outbuilding.<1>

Sources/Archives (0)

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Sep 2 2020 9:20AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.