Monument record MCC7625 - All Saints Church, Fordham
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9275 2808 (29m by 22m) (FCE)|
|Civil Parish||FORDHAM, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
The west face of the tower was repaired in red brick c.1700 and retopped in `gaults' in the C19.<1> In the C18 the west side of the tower was much damaged and in the early part of the C19 the greater part of the bell chamber was rebuilt.<2>
Restoration by Joseph Grimes, 1861.<3>
Five digital photographs of All Saint's Church, Fordham, taken August 2016.<4>
- <1> SEX7400 DESC TEXT: Department of the Environment. 1982. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Colchester Rural. p136.
- <2> SEX76 DESC TEXT: RCHME. 1922. An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex - Volume 3. Vol 3, p102-3.
- <3> SCC72929 Monograph: Bettley, James and Pevsner, Nikolaus. 2007. The buildings of England: Essex. p.365.
- <4> SCC72961 Photograph: Tipper, J.. 2016. Photographs of All Saint's Church, Fordham. Digital.
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 15 2016 1:32PM