Monument record MCC7514 - Church of St Margaret, Aldham
|Grid reference||Centred TL 917 258 (90m by 101m) (FCE)|
|Civil Parish||ALDHAM, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
Original church demolished in 1854/55 and rebuilt using old materials on a new site in the village.<1> The fittings include a C17 chest, plain with iron bound angle.<2><3>
Four digital photographs taken in Jul 2016.<4>
- <1> SCC69 Monograph: Rodwell, Warwick J with Rodwell, KA. 1977. Historic Churches: a wasting asset. p.94.
- <2> SEX76 DESC TEXT: RCHME. 1922. An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex - Volume 3. Vol 3, p1-2.
- <3> SEX61442 AP: Tyler, Sue. 2000. CP/00/40/9.
- <4> SCC72952 Photograph: Tipper, J.. 2016. Photographs of St Margaret's Church, Aldham. Digital.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 14 2016 2:52PM