Monument record MCC7156 - Wormingford Hall
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9229 3269 (807m by 695m) (FCE)|
|Civil Parish||WORMINGFORD, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (2)
Concentric ring ditch now showing as a cropmark but in 1836 described as a `Great Barrow', destroyed but `hundreds of urns in rows' reported. <1> - <6> OScard gives NGR as TL 92323286
- <1> SEX15 DESC TEXT: Priddy, DA. unknown. SMR.
- <2> SEX52658 RECORD SHEET/FORM: Ordnance Survey. unknown. OS cards. TL93SW10, 1976.
- <3> SEX29070 DESC TEXT: Jenkins, H. 1842. Archaeologia. Vol 29, p250.
- <4> SEX29071 DESC TEXT: unknown. unknown. The Past and Future of the Essex Field Club. photocopy of periodical article - which?.
- <5> SEX29072 DESC TEXT: McMaster, I. 1968. Ring ditches near Bures St Mary. Vol 11, No 1, p2.
- <6> SEX190 DESC TEXT: Victoria County History. 1903-2012. Victoria County History, Essex - VCH (need to check volume nos for this ref).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Nov 3 2015 11:41AM