Monument record MCC8207 - Tiptree-Ship Inn
|Grid reference||Centred TL 884 155 (740m by 501m) (FCE)|
|Civil Parish||TIPTREE, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (2)
Post-medieval pottery kiln and pottery - see 12677 <2> <3> The will of Ralph Jeneway of Inworth in 1601 suggest the presence of a brick kiln at Potters Row. <4>
- <1> SEX4 DESC TEXT: unknown. 1960 0nwards. SMR form unknown.
- <2> SEX36515 Artifact: Cotter, J. 1990. PERS COMM by Cotter, J.
- <3> SEX36279 DESC TEXT: Cotter, J. unknown. Colchester Archaeol Rep. No 7, forthcoming.
- <4> SEX36519 DESC TEXT: Emmison, FG. 1976. Elizabethan Life, Home, Work and Land. p87.
- <5> SEX36516 Map: Tithe. 1839. Tithe.
- <6> SEX1417 Map: Chapman, J and Andre, P. 1777. Chapman and Andre (C&A). Paper.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 3 2015 11:41AM