Monument record MCC8957 - Church of Saint Lawrence, East Donyland (site of)
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0245 2123 (60m by 79m) (FCE)|
|Civil Parish||EAST DONYLAND, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
Parish church, demolished in 1837. The site and the graveyard remain open.<1> The church is marked on Chap & Andre's 1777 map.<5>
Some of the fittings are in the new church (Church of St Lawrence in Rowhedge).<2>
"The church is of one pace with the chancel, both tiled and small. At the west end there is a little turret, containing one bell." <3>
Three photos in Essex HER.<4>
- <1> SEX4 DESC TEXT: unknown. 1960 0nwards. SMR form unknown.
- <2> SEX76 DESC TEXT: RCHME. 1922. An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex - Volume 3. Vol 3, p.90.
- <3> SEX3797 DESC TEXT: Morant, P. unknown. History of Essex.
- <4> SEX8257 Photograph: unknown. 1981. TM02-007. 3 frames.
- <5> SCC1124 Cartographic materials: Chapman, John and Andre, Peter. 1777. A Plan of Colchester Borough. In chains.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 8 2016 12:16PM