Monument record MCC7943 - Colchester - St Mary's Hospital
|Grid reference||TL 991 252 (point) (FCE)|
|Non Parish Area||COLCHESTER, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
Large Bronze Age Deverel-Rimbury bucket urn found in the Union Grounds (now St Mary's Hospital) in 1930 and given to Colchester Museum. <1> - <5> OS sited the find as on the perimeter of the Union House Grounds from Monson's 1:500 map in Colchester Museum. <1>
- <1> SEX4 DESC TEXT: unknown. 1960 0nwards. SMR form unknown.
- <2> SEX52658 RECORD SHEET/FORM: Ordnance Survey. unknown. OS cards. TL92NE12, 1950.
- <3> SEX33867 DESC TEXT: Hull, MR. 1958. Roman Colchester. p68.
- <4> SEX2503 DESC TEXT: Colchester Museum. unknown. Col Mus Rep. p5.
- <5> SEX10 Artifact: Colchester Museum. unknown. ARTEFACT Col Mus. Acc No 754.1930.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Nov 3 2015 11:41AM