Monument record MCC7628 - St Marys Church, Easthorpe

Summary

RCHM ascribes the westernmost window of the north wall of the nave to the C16 or C17.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 9124 2150 (21m by 19m) (FCE)
Map sheet TL92SW
Civil Parish COPFORD, COLCHESTER, ESSEX

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

RCHM ascribes the westernmost window of the north wall of the nave to the C16 or C17. The fittings include a C17 communion table and C16 glass in the south-west window of the chancel.<1>

Restoration by F.W. Chancellor, 1910-11, including new roof and rebuilding of S. porch.<2>

Six digital photographs taken of the exterior July 2016.<3>

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> DESC TEXT: RCHME. 1922. An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex - Volume 3. Vol 3, pp.91-92.
  • <2> Watching Brief Report: Benfield, S. (CAT). 2012. An archaeological watching brief at 1 Rawstorn Road, Colchester, Essex. October 2011. p.337.
  • <3> Photograph: Tipper, J.. 2016. Photographs of St Mary the Virgin, Easthorpe. Digital.

Finds (1)

Protected Status/Designation

Related Monuments/Buildings (3)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jul 6 2017 11:56AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.