Monument record MCC7566 - Church of St Michael and All Angels, Copford

Summary

The church underwent major restorations in 1872 and 1880.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 9349 2269 (31m by 20m) (FCE)
Map sheet TL92SW
County ESSEX
Civil Parish COPFORD, COLCHESTER, ESSEX

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

The church underwent major restorations in 1872 and 1880. <1> The south porch and vestry were added in the C19. <2> Churchyard survey. <3>

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> DESC TEXT: Rodwell, Warwick J with Rodwell, KA. 1977. CBA Research Report No. 19 Historic Churches - a wasting asset. p104.
  • <2> DESC TEXT: RCHME. 1922. An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex - Volume 3. Vol 3, pp.76-78.
  • <3> MENTION: Evans, K and West, H. 1982. Churchyard surveys in the Colchester District. Vol 25, p27.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

Related Monuments/Buildings (2)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Sep 12 2016 11:15AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.