Monument record MCC7384 - St Marys Church, Peldon

Summary

Chancel added in 1859.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 9895 1678 (52m by 83m) (FCE)
Map sheet TL91NE
Civil Parish PELDON, COLCHESTER, ESSEX

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Chancel added in 1859. <1> The church was restored in the C19 when the chancel and south porch were rebuilt and the north vestry added. <2> Other refs. <3> <4>

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> DESC TEXT: Department of the Environment. 1982. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Colchester Rural. p279.
  • <2> DESC TEXT: RCHME. 1922. An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex - Volume 3. Vol 3, p190-1.
  • <3> DESC TEXT: Pevsner, N. 1954. The Buildings of England, Essex. p286.
  • <4> DESC TEXT: unknown. 1960 0nwards. SMR form unknown.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

Related Monuments/Buildings (3)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Nov 3 2015 11:41AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.