Monument record MCC7030 - St James's Church, Little Tey
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8914 2375 (17m by 12m) (FCE)|
|Civil Parish||MARKS TEY, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
Restored in C19 when the N. vestry and S. porch were added. Features and fittings include bell a of 1701; early C18 chair in chancel; plate includes late C16 cup and cover paten.<1><3>
Site Assessment (Rodwell & Rodwell 1977) = Churchyard has been `tidied' a little.<4>
Six digital photographs taken July 2016.<5>
- --- SEX58196 Photograph: unknown. unknown. unknown.
- <1> SEX76 DESC TEXT: RCHME. 1922. An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex - Volume 3. Vol 3, pp.173-174.
- <2> SCC69 Monograph: Rodwell, Warwick J with Rodwell, KA. 1977. Historic Churches: a wasting asset. p.120.
- <3> SEX52658 RECORD SHEET/FORM: Ordnance Survey. unknown. OS cards. TL82SE12, 1960.
- <5> SCC72951 Photograph: Tipper, J.. 2016. Photographs of St James's Church, Little Tey. Digital.
Related Monuments/Buildings (5)
- Parent of: Church Farm, Little Tey (Monument) (MCC7031)
- Parent of: Godbolts Farmhouse (Building) (MCC7032)
- Related to: Church of St James, Church Lane, Marks Tey (Building) (MCC4393)
- Related to: Churchyard of St James's Church, Little Tey (Monument) (MCC10024)
- Related to: St James's Church, Little Tey (Monument) (MCC7029)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 14 2016 7:31AM