Monument record MCC6973 - Kelvedon Hall Lane
|Grid reference||Centred TL 871 158 (198m by 212m) (FCE)|
Type and Period (1)
This lane turns sharply south-east of Howbridge Wood, and the parish boundary follows its western fence. About 200 ft south of this turn, and under the fence, pottery and tiles were found in quantity (shown by Mr Bentall to MR Hull in 1956). <1> <2> According to Mr Bennett who saw the site with Mr Bentall (a forestry employee) a small C1 kiln producing grey ware was found cTL 87251588. No evidence of this site is visible on the ground surface and no plan of the original site was made. <3>
- --- SEX41469 DESC TEXT: Rodwell, Warwick J. 1982. Prod.n and Distrib.n of Pottery and Tile in the Territory of the Trinovantes.
- <1> SEX6 DESC TEXT: Powell, WR. 1963. Victoria County History, Essex, Vol III (VCH). Vol 3, p.57.
- <2> SEX52658 RECORD SHEET/FORM: Ordnance Survey. unknown. OS cards. TL81NE22, 1975.
- <3> SEX4 DESC TEXT: unknown. 1960 0nwards. SMR form unknown.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 3 2015 11:41AM