Find Spot record MCC6960 - All Saints Church, Messing
|Grid reference||TL 8967 1893 (point) (FCE)|
|Civil Parish||MESSING-CUM-INWORTH, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
Church contains Roman brick.<1>-<4><6> The chancel contains Roman brick set in herringbone fashion. There are traces of a former brick-arched window which must be Norman or earlier.<5>
- <1> SEX74 MENTION: unknown. unknown. SMR.
- <2> SEX76 DESC TEXT: RCHME. 1922. An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex - Volume 3. Vol 3, p180.
- <3> SEX11783 MENTION: Hull, MR. 1963. Essex. Vol 3, p162.
- <4> SEX52658 RECORD SHEET/FORM: Ordnance Survey. unknown. OS cards. TL81NE18, 1976.
- <5> SCC69 Monograph: Rodwell, Warwick J with Rodwell, KA. 1977. Historic Churches: a wasting asset. p.114.
- <6> SEX26319 MENTION: unknown. 1982. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest:Colchester. p.271.
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 12 2016 9:28AM