Monument record MCC6933 - South of Great Tey
|Grid reference||TL 886 251 (point) (FCE)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT TEY, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
Cropmark of a ring ditch. <1> Cropmarks of two ring ditches recorded on APs by I McMaster in 1976 (nothing visible on APs available to OS) at TL 88852520 and TL 88802515. <2> <3> <6> NMR APs in SMR. <4> <5><9> Additional ring ditch at TL88852520. Also, additional linear features and former field boundaries which appear on the OS 1st ed.<7-8>
Further excavation of the ring ditch revealed a fragment of Middle Bronze Age Pottery.<10>
- <1> SEX74 MENTION: unknown. unknown. SMR.
- <2> SEX52658 RECORD SHEET/FORM: Ordnance Survey. unknown. OS cards. TL82NE30, 1979.
- <3> SEX28248 LIST: McMaster, I and Farrands, RH. 1977. Cropmarks in the year of the drought. Vol 20, p16.
- <4> SEX28249 AP: unknown. 1975. TL8825-1-152. Date 1975:7.
- <5> SEX28250 AP: unknown. 1975. TL8825-3-58. Date 1975:7.
- <6> SEX9847 AP: McMaster, I. unknown. McMaster.
- <9> SEX27986 AP: unknown. 1979. TL8825-6-91.
- <10> SEX62959 DESC TEXT: Fawn, AJ. 1999. Teybrook Farm Excavation Summary.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 3 2015 11:41AM