Monument record MCC4978 - Boxted WWII Airfield – Dispersed Site No.2 (Communal Site), Langham
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0175 2951 (237m by 285m)|
|Civil Parish||LANGHAM, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
1996: Communal Site associated with WWII airfield; no longer extant.
2006: An Air Ministry plan of Boxted Airfield and its Dispersed Sites, dated November 1944, shows Dispersed Site No. 2, the Communal Site, standing in woods to the south of Lodge Lane. It comprised seventeen buildings and other structures. Survival at the site is not known.<5>
See also <6> & <7>.
- <1> SEX59887 DESC TEXT: Bowyer, Michael J. 1979. Action Stations: Military Airfields of East Anglia Vol.1.
- <2> SEX59861 DESC TEXT: Thorpe, Simon. 1996. Military Airfields in Essex during WWII.
- <3> SEX10473 AP: unknown. 1974. TM11-069.
- <4> SEX60758 AP: unknown. 1990. 30-4712 30-4713 32-4604. Sept 1990.
- <5> SEX67642 Map: Air Ministry. 1944. Boxted Airfield Record Site Plan.
- <6> SCC74374 Unpublished document: Nash, Fred. 2007. SURVEY OF WORLD WAR TWO DEFENCES IN THE BOROUGH OF COLCHESTER. VOLUME 1. Volume 1.
- <7> SCC74375 Unpublished document: Nash, Fred. 2007. SURVEY OF WORLD WAR TWO DEFENCES IN THE BOROUGH OF COLCHESTER. VOLUME 2. Volume 2.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 16 2020 2:46PM