Monument record MCC4974 - Boxted WWII Airfield - Dispersed Site No. 6, Langham
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0206 2908 (225m by 191m)|
|Civil Parish||LANGHAM, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
1996: No. 6 Dispersed site associated with WWII airfield; no longer extant.<1><2> Aerial photographs <3><4>.
2006: An Air Ministry plan of Boxted Airfield and its Dispersed Sites, dated November 1944, shows Dispersed Site No. 6 standing alongside, to the west of, the old A12 Ipswich Road. It comprised 35 buildings and other structures. The site is now a hotel alongside the A12/A1232 interchange.<5>
See also <6> & <7>.
- <1> SEX59887 DESC TEXT: Bowyer, Michael J. 1979. Action Stations: Military Airfields of East Anglia Vol.1.
- <2> SEX59861 DESC TEXT: Thorpe, Simon. 1996. Military Airfields in Essex during WWII.
- <3> SEX10473 AP: unknown. 1974. TM11-069.
- <4> SEX60758 AP: unknown. 1990. 30-4712 30-4713 32-4604. Sept 1990.
- <5> SEX67642 Map: Air Ministry. 1944. Boxted Airfield Record Site Plan.
- <6> SCC74374 Unpublished document: Nash, Fred. 2007. SURVEY OF WORLD WAR TWO DEFENCES IN THE BOROUGH OF COLCHESTER. VOLUME 1. Volume 1.
- <7> SCC74375 Unpublished document: Nash, Fred. 2007. SURVEY OF WORLD WAR TWO DEFENCES IN THE BOROUGH OF COLCHESTER. VOLUME 2. Volume 2.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 16 2020 2:44PM