Monument record MCC4972 - Boxted WWII Airfield – Dispersed Site No. 4 (Sick Quarters), Langham
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0204 2948 (134m by 318m)|
|Civil Parish||LANGHAM, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
1996: Sick Quarters site associated with WWII airfield; no longer extant.<1><2> Aerial photographs <3><4>.
2006: An Air Ministry plan of Boxted Airfield and its Dispersed Sites, dated November 1944, shows Dispersed Site No. 4, the Sick Quarters, standing in fields south of Lodge Lane. It comprised nine buildings and other structures. An aerial photograph taken in 2000 shows nothing now surviving.<5><6>
See also <7> & <8>.
- <1> SEX59887 DESC TEXT: Bowyer, Michael J. 1979. Action Stations: Military Airfields of East Anglia Vol.1.
- <2> SEX59861 DESC TEXT: Thorpe, Simon. 1996. Military Airfields in Essex during WWII.
- <3> SEX10473 AP: unknown. 1974. TM11-069.
- <4> SEX60758 AP: unknown. 1990. 30-4712 30-4713 32-4604. Sept 1990.
- <5> SEX67642 Map: Air Ministry. 1944. Boxted Airfield Record Site Plan.
- <6> SEX65607 AP: UK Perspectives. 2000. Millenium photo Survey - digital coverage of the whole of Essex.
- <7> SCC74374 Unpublished document: Nash, Fred. 2007. SURVEY OF WORLD WAR TWO DEFENCES IN THE BOROUGH OF COLCHESTER. VOLUME 1. Volume 1.
- <8> SCC74375 Unpublished document: Nash, Fred. 2007. SURVEY OF WORLD WAR TWO DEFENCES IN THE BOROUGH OF COLCHESTER. VOLUME 2. Volume 2.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 16 2020 2:43PM