Monument record MCC25 - Churchyard of St Leonard's Church, Hythe Hill, Colchester
|Grid reference||Centred TM 01266 24722 (63m by 46m)|
|1848 Parish||ST LEONARD|
|Non Parish Area||COLCHESTER, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
Sub-rectangular area shown on 19th-century maps surrounding St Leonard's church. Church situated at southern end of churchyard. The entrance into the churchyard appears to have been situated in the south-east corner. <1><2>
- <1> SCC11 Cartographic materials: Ordnance Survey. 1876. 1876 OS 1:500 Maps of Colchester. 1:500. Sheet XXVIII.9.7.
- <1> SCC72874 Cartographic materials: Ordnance Survey. c.1805. 1805 1 inch OS Maps of Colchester. Sheet XXVIII.9.7.
- <2> SCC32 Cartographic materials: Tithe Commission. 1846. The Parish of St Leonard in Colchester, Essex..
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (5)
- Event - Survey: 1846 Tithe map of the parish of St Leonard, Colchester, 1846 (Ref: ECC71) (ECC71)
- Event - Survey: 1876 (1:500) Ordnance Survey map of Colchester, 1876 (Ref: ECC40) (ECC40)
- Event - Survey: An archaeological watching brief at St Leonard’s Church, Colchester, 2010 (Ref: ECC3734) (ECC3734)
- Event - Survey: Archaeological watching brief at St Leonard’s Church, Colchester, 2009 (Ref: ECC2950) (ECC2950)
- Event - Interpretation: Evaluation at St Leonards Church, Hythe Hill, 2000 (Ref: ECC2478) (ECC2478)
Record last edited
Oct 20 2016 8:31AM