Element record MCC1502 - Roman cremation burial, Mersea Road, Colchester
|Grid reference||TL 99843 24140 (point)|
|Non Parish Area||COLCHESTER, COLCHESTER, ESSEX|
Type and Period (1)
Burial urn found at the married quarters of the barracks, opposite Plum Hall, the accession book says "found near the junction of Mersea and Berechurch Roads, 1922".<1><2> See COLEM 1922.4247. Given by P. G. Laver.<3><4><5>
- <1> SCC48 Monograph: Hull, M. Rex. 1958. Roman Colchester: Reports of the Research Committee of the Society of Antiquaries of London. No. XX. p.295, No 161.
- <2> SCC207 Unpublished document: Hull, M. Rex. Unknown. Inventory of Grave Groups. No 194.
- <3> SCC131 LIST: Colchester Museums. 1912-1923. Colchester Museum Accession Register 1912-1923. COLEM1922.4247.
- <4> SCC146 Serial: Colchester Museums. 1933. Colchester Museum Reports 1925-1933. 1925-1933. 1929, pp.229-230.
- <5> SCC226 Index: Essex County Council. 1972. Colchester SMR (computer). SMR132235.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 13 2016 3:47PM