Site Event/Activity record ECC1839 - Building known as the 'Red Row', High Street, Colchester, 1546
High Street, Colchester
TL 99433 25213 (point)
Non Parish Area
COLCHESTER, COLCHESTER, ESSEX
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
The Victoria County History notes that, 'At the west end of the (High) street was the corn market, stalls or galleries erected against the building known as St Peter's 'rents' in 1546, the Red Row by 1549'.<1><2>
Monograph: Cooper, Janet (Ed). 1994. Vol. IX, The Borough of Colchester, A History of the County of Essex. Volume IX. p104.
COLLECTION / PARENT: Various. Essex Records Office Miscellaneous Documents. E.R.O., D/B 5 Gb3, f. 103v.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Record last edited
Feb 9 2016 1:31PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.