Listed Building: CHURCH OF ST GILES (117198)

Please read our .

Grade II
Authority
Volume/Map/Item 584, 9, 208
Date assigned 24 February 1950
Date last amended

Description

1. STANWELL STREET 995 (South Side) Church of St Giles TL 9924 NE 9/208 24.2.50. II 2. C12 origin (south wall of nave) with C13 chancel, C14 nave and north aisle. C16 north chapel and south porch; The west tower, timber-framed and weather-boarded, dates from C17-C18. Much C19 and modern restoration. Interesting stone floor tablet (now on north wall of north chapel) to Sir Charles Lucas and Sir George Lisle, shot after the siege of Colchester 1648. No longer used as a church. Listing NGR: TL9981224815

External Links (1)

Sources (0)

Map

Location

Grid reference TL 99811 24814 (point)
Map sheet TL92SE
Non Parish Area COLCHESTER, COLCHESTER, ESSEX

Related Monuments/Buildings (5)

Record last edited

Nov 6 2019 4:47PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.